Friday 22 January 2010

Rose tinted specs

I am missing home quite a bit this week but when I think about it the reason we are here is because I just couldn't wait to get away from the dull and dreary UK. So the things I think I am missing - well as it was Christmas last month I longed for the snow they had, to be holed up in the house day and night with all the Christmas decorations and the twinkle from the tree lights. I imagined baking cookies and mince pies, sausage rolls and drinking mulled wine or the occasional snowball. I thought I'd be sat by the fire (we didn't even have a fire!!) reading all cosy in my comfy pjs and woolen socks. Then my husband and I would cook up a huge meal together and open the bottle of red and then watch a romantic movie, all cosy and cuddled up on the sofa - just like the films!! but in reality.... the snow would have been great for the first day, I would have braved the trip to sainsburys brought lots of munchies and wine - then sat in our freezing cold house - as the heating had gone eating and drinking far too much, my husband would have been upstairs all day and night on the xbox and by the time it came to dinner well I am sure I'd have eaten my own body weight in crisps and chocolate and would be far to full and feeling extremely fat and unattractive to enjoy that lovely meal he would have cooked. As for baking, I tried a batch of mince pies one year - they made excellent bricks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment